After sleeping through a rather cold night next to the woodburning stove in sleeping bags on the floor, we rose and began to think about breakfast. We had arrived late the previous night, and only had a fresh mango between the five of us. But it was a delicious mango; we ate it happily and went about working on the recordings for the day.
As the day progressed and we recorded some nice tracks, John began feeling a little stuffed up, then a little sick. He started looking a bit red and puffy around the face, but he insisted he just needed to lie down. We took a break and wondered what strange mold or pollen might be in the cabin affecting John.
No improvement seemed to come. We took John to an urgent care clinic where it was determined that he was having a severe allergy to something. Turned out it was mangos.
Luckily, he survived.